[opendtv] Re: HTML 5 Codecs and Browser Compatibility

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:06:23 -0700

Kon writes:

"No, as I said the strategy would be MP4+H264+AAC and use javascript
rollover that either renders a flash object for decode, or html5 code
for browsers capable of decoding the mp4, or a posterframe for
incompatible browsers. Standard approach."

Of course you will want to deliver the mp4 via a server capable of
rendering both segmented streaming as well as http dynamic or rtsp on
the fly, such as wowza, erlyvideo, fluendo, etc."

Yes, of course--now I see what you mean.  I don't suppose Flash Media
Server (FMS) will support this, does it?

Dan