[opendtv] H.264 AVC or VC1[ wm9 ]

  • From: Prashant Desai <prashant.desai@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, mp4-tech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 11:40:23 +0530

Hello All
    are there any broadcasters who already have announced that they are going
with H.264 AVC or VC1 ?
 is vc1 accepted as a standard by broadcasters and content providers [studios
etc ? ] .

    I am sure there will be many content providers who must be planning for
these advanced codec's  since it saves lots of their bandwidth and thus the
cost  .........but  just curious to know if there are any who already have
announced anything on this ? since as of now it's difficult to decide whether
to go with MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 part 10/VC1   ?  coz as per my understanding its
difficult to get the contents in any of the advanced codec's MPEG-4 part 10 /
VC1 ]  ? isn't it ?

      would really really appreciate any inputs / opinions / suggestions  on
this

regards,
Prashant