[opendtv] Re: Global Cooling

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:51:53 -0700

> A bit of research shows significant disagreement about the ranking of
> 2007 as warmest year. The year started out very warm, but finished
> very cold setting numerous record low temps in November and December.

The average of monthly global mean temperatures for 2007 makes it the
hottest year. You can spin it anyway you like but the following NASA/NOAA
data tells the story: Nov/Dec 2007 were only moderately cooler than the
seven year average for the 2000s but they were significantly lower than
those same months in 2003.

Year    Nov  Dec    J-D D-N    DJF  MAM  JJA  SON  Year
2001    75   63     57  54     45   53   57   61  2001
2002    62   45     68  70     76   83   60   60  2002
2003    59   76     67  64     64   64   62   69  2003
2004    75   64     60  61     74   62   43   66  2004
2005    76   72     76  76     77   76   68   82  2005
2006    76   82     66  65     70   54   64   72  2006
2007    65   61     73  75     89   74   65   70  2007
2008    *******  *********     43   54   54*****  2008

I Agree that 2008 is trending cooler (than the hotest years in the 2000s)
but one year does not prove a cooling cycle exists. However I do seriously
hope that it does continues long term.

> Here is a link to an opposing view:<

How can there be an opposing view? Either disprove the 2007 temperature data
or lets change the subject.

est-in.html

Whatever the reality, it is now clear that the planet is cooling, and
that most of the computer models were wrong.

As for our local temps, they correlate with the rest of the planet,
which has clearly been cooling this year.