[opendtv] Fw: Re: FCC Opens TV Spectrum for Broadband Use

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OPENDTV" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 10:44:51 -0800

-----Original Message----- From: Craig Birkmaier

Do you have any stats on this level of usage?<

No I don't other than I know of a dozen or so doing it in my extended group of acquaintances. We have no OTA signals in this area so it isn't a typical situation. If you want TV you must pay for it and there is likely a good number of them who would use OTA rather than Basic cable, were it available.

My son, who lives in Eureka where OTA is available, also uses his sets QAM capability. Based upon my recommendation, he spread the word and a number of his friends are doing the same. I believe many more would take advantage of that capability if it's availability was widely known - which it unfortunately isn't.

Dale