[opendtv] Re: Flat TV antenna steals the show

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:23:51 -0700

Interesting attempt at an inconspicuous antenna.

I looked for polar patterns for the antenna on Winegard's website but could
not find any.  The user manual says that if you are missing a channel, to
turn the antenna 10 to 20 degrees--kind of hard to do when attached to
glass or a wall, especially since it is not rigid enough to stand on its
own.

Also, it is only for High VHF and UHF, and even so, the gain is very low
for the lower H-VHF.  We have several Low VHF channels here in Las Vegas.

I don't see how this antenna will be successful except in certain cases but
the promotional material does not point those situations out.  Perhaps it
will do well for condo/apartment dwellers where the TV channels are higher?

Dan

        Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 00:53:50 -0400
        From: Monty Solomon <monty@xxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: [opendtv] Flat TV antenna steals the show