[opendtv] Re: FCC DTV Coverage data

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 16:22:46 -0500

Dale Kelly wrote:

> The TVFool program is significantly more accurate and
> provides very descriptive and useful information, including
> the required terrain clearance for line of sight to each
> station.

BTW, I fully concur with this. I revisited tvfool after readng your
comment, and the site seems updated from the last time. It says that
even with a 50' antenna height, I wouldn't get LOS of any station. Most
of my reception is what they call "1 edge," and a couple of stations are
"2 edge."

Changing the receive antenna height reorders the stations, which are
listed in order of signal strength at the receiver.

They too seem to show a post-transition configuration, though. They have
already reassigned some stations are still on the air in analogue.
Strange. Not all, just some.

Would be interesting to know what it says for Cliff, wrt to Phila and
Balt stations propagation paths.