[opendtv] Re: DVB-H first in the US

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:06:44 -0400

Skip,

Your article says...
"Although DVB-H is primarily intended for use in conjunction with DVB-T
systems, it can also be used alone, meaning that it could be used in
ATSC countries"

"used alone" is not what qualifies this modulation. Crown Castle could
use DVB-H in a DVB-T system with their 5 MHz channel.

Also John, unfortunately we are not rolling anything out yet. There are
still obstacles but this last week saw progress in our venture (FCC
progress). Crown has the spectrum and the towers. I hope they proceed ASAP.

Bob Miller