[opendtv] Re: Apple - Press Info - HBO NOW Premiering in April

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 05:19:27 -0400

On Mar 11, 2015, at 5:13 AM, Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Many students also get free cable TV in their dorms and many apartments here
> in Gainesville. But not free HBO.
>>>
>> And that was the only way to get HBO, until last year. See the article I
>> posted yesterday. No matter how you slice it, Craig, no way can you pretend
>> nothing has changed.

No Bert. You can subscribe to basic cable and HBO for ~$50/mo. This has always
been the case - actually cheaper a decade ago before prices for both basic
cable and HBO went up.

Obviously something has changed - content is moving to the Internet with new
ways to buy it. HBO has always been an add on service to other services; now it
is an add on to broadband.