[opendtv] Re: Another vote against ATSC

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:56:16 -0500

At 10:35 AM -0500 1/7/09, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
On the other hand, confound it, if you want to increase headroom, how
about giving DTV power levels that are more sensible, compared with
analog? Also, how about giving real, useful pointers on antenna types
and antenna orientation, to all these folks that were making do with
ugly, ghosty, grainy analog?

I love my DTV. I'd never go back to grainy, ghosty, crappy color analog.

"Happy Days" are here again for Bert!

And I applaud his "idea" about power levels...

Sensible power levels should be about 10 to 100 KW from a network of transmitters serving each market.