[opendtv] Re: Another vote against ATSC

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 23:20:11 -0800

No, your marginal analog television reception should have been the driver
for cable in your circumstance.

You seem to think that broadcasters and the NAB conspired to make you pay
$35 a month to watch tv as high in quality as dvds.  Me, I consider marginal
television to be unwatchable, even if they are showing Pamela Anderson sans
clothing.

If there hadn't been any dtv, it's quite possible that you would have lost
over the air television entirely within a short time.  Nothing is static,
despite what we may desire.

John Willkie