[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Money for Nothing

  • From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 12:16:21 -0400

I'm betting this "article" wasn't actually published anywhere.

I note that all the new Toshiba integrated sets also include a CableCARD slot
for digital cable compatibility, and TV Guide EPG software for navigation.
Quite an elegant solution, really.

If there was no tuner mandate, do you think these sets would have dropped the
off-air reception and only have the OpenCable part?  Very doubtful.