[opendtv] Re: All colors of rainbow in new display concept

  • From: "Donald Koeleman" <donald.koeleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:06:47 +0200

Of course the Eidophor could do upto ten times the ANSI lumens you mention
below for the Talaria. The first Colour Eidophor was developed/produced by
Gretag in collaboration with Philips in 1961. The Eidophor was patented in
1939, but the use of diffraction gratings dates back even further, albeit
just a few years to Scophony's 1935 mechanical projector.

http://www.dcinematoday.com/gallery/showpic.aspx?index=7&top=39
http://www.televisionexperimenters.com/scophony.html
http://www.sid.org/archives/0%20-%20Projection%20pdf%20Exhibit%204.pdf

And a related release, for a commercial product:
Aug 17, 2006 14:38

ColorLink(R) Introduces SnapWave(TM), a Color Filter Wheel with No Moving
Parts

BOULDER, Colo. --(Business Wire)-- Aug. 17, 2006 ColorLink, a leading
supplier of polarization and color management optics for the consumer
electronics industry, today announced the release of SnapWave(TM), a solid
state switchable color filter for the digital image capture market.
SnapWave-equipped cameras will capture a noticeably wider array of colors
with no loss in resolution.
SnapWave can mount on to the front end of existing cameras with some simple
electronics for synchronization to the camera shutter. SnapWave can be
designed to convert black and white cameras into color or enhance the
performance of existing color cameras through the principle of
spectral-division and find immediate application where color fidelity is
critical such as e-commerce, medical imaging and machine vision.

ColorLink's John Korah explained, "ColorLink's SnapWave is a commercially
viable solution to color enhancement that addresses the limitations of the
incumbent technologies and fits in a package that satisfies almost all
cameras."

About ColorLink(R)

ColorLink, Inc. is a privately held photonics company based in Boulder,
Colorado. ColorLink is engaged in the design, manufacture and licensing of
color management components, polarization optics and optical systems. Key
Markets include digital projection systems, data storage and retrieval
systems and digital image capture. ColorLink products may be found in color
monitors, high-definition televisions and data projectors using
high-resolution micro displays, CD/DVD players, HD-DVD and Blu-ray DVD
players, digital cameras, gaming consoles, as well as 3D projectors and
monitors. ColorLink also provides research and development support to system
integrators. High volume manufacturing is supported by our subsidiary,
ColorLink Japan, Ltd., based in Joetsu City, Japan.

ColorLink, Inc.
John Korah, 303-544-9115
http://www.colorlink.com----- Original Message -----