[openbeosstorage] Re: Resources Progress

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 16:08:40 +0200 (MET DST)

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Tyler Dauwalder wrote:

> That was a well done bit of research. Nice work. Plus I've been meaning to
> learn a little bit about TeX; now I don't have to go track down an example.
> :-)

Yeah, TeX documents usually look very aesthetic and professional, don't
they.
My first contact with TeX was in my first CS semester, when the maths
tutor claimed not to be able to read the handwriting of our working
group's members. Thus we decided to do it in TeX. It took about five hours
to code the exercises we solved in a few minutes. But I don't want to
dissuade you from learning it. ;-) Once one got used to it, it is a very
efficient tool and scales very well. I used it for my master thesis and
was very pleased.

> > Is just `docs/' fine for the documentation or shall I create a subdir? I
> > mean, it's basically only one TeX file, but when compiling it, a whole
> > bunch of files is created.
>
> I think a subdir would be better. docs/res, docs/rsrc, docs/resources, or
> whatever suits you.

Alright, docs/resources then.

> > And the test tool? Into `test' or `tools'?
>
> I would say tools/ or tools/restest. And since we don't really need
> EntryRefToPath anymore, we could probably just get rid of it.

OK, I think I remove it from the kernel interface as well and probably do
some more cleanup like removing commented code.

Apropos removing. Would you mind, if I wipe the docs/html directory? It
really starts annoying me, since I always get a long list of `?'s and `M's
when running a `cvs up'. Or is there anything of worth in it I missed?

CU, Ingo