[openbeosstorage] Re: Impending Code Review

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 00:29:22 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 10 May 2002, Tyler Dauwalder wrote:

> In case y'all are curious:

Always. ;-)

> I'm in the middle of revamping the Storage Kit website to include a Code
> Review page to keep track of who's reviewed which files and when. I'm
> hoping to get it up this weekend some time. Once we get all the
> pre-alpha files reviewed, I'll move us up to alpha. Sound like a
> reasonable plan?

Yup. :-)

I guess, we need to look over everything a second time as soon as the
kernel is ready and we have switched to the new interface, since we won't
get around adjusting the code at quite some places... and be it for
performance reasons only.

> Feel free to start reviewing now if you feel like it, but I'll be
> sending a notification once I get the Code Review page up.

I don't think, I will start reviewing before next week. I will leave it
for the days when I have only little time -- you know, an occasional hour
in the evening or so -- and it wouldn't make much sense to start a coding
session.

> I'm planning on going over all the classes myself at least once.
> Everybody else is certainly welcome and encouraged to review also. It'd
> be particularly nice if someone besides Ingo or myself could review
> BEntry, BNode, and BPath, since we both worked on those to one degree or
> another.
>
> Things to look for:
> + Bugs
> + Questionable design decisions
> + Confusing code that might benefit from better comments
> + Things that could be optimized
>
> Did I miss anything?

At least for the parts I did, some native speaker might want to have a
look at the doxygen comments. OTOH it is probably a better idea to
postpone the documentation fine tuning till the coding is mostly
done. In late alpha or early beta maybe. Thus nevermind. ;-)

CU, Ingo