[openbeosstorage] BNodeInfo::GetTrackerIcon()

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenBeOS Storage" <openbeosstorage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 02:42:39 +0100 CET

Hi there,

I had a look at the above mentioned function, and I think it's not
working correctly in all cases; I see the culprit in this part:

        if (GetType(mimeString) != B_OK) {
                // no type available -- get the "application/octet-stream" icon
                BMimeType type("application/octet-stream");
                error = type.GetIcon(icon, k);
                success = (error == B_OK);
        }

First, the generic MIME type is also defined as a constant, but it
shouldn't be taken for all files. Instead, it should be differentiated
by file type. I.e. it should take "application/x-vnd.Be-directory" for
directories, "application/x-vnd.Be-volume" for volumes, etc.
BTW for a list of these types, have a look at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/opentracker/opentracker/tracker/MimeTypes.h?rev=1.1.1.1&view=auto

I also think that we should put those into the public headers as well
(matching the B_FILE_MIME_TYPE constant).

Bye,
   Axel.