[openbeosnetteam] Re: moving ppp to other location

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:41:48 +0200 CEST

"Waldemar Kornewald" <Waldemar.Kornewald@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > And after having had a brief look at it, I have some short remarks:
> > PPPControl.h:
> > PPPC_SET_MTU - I don't think that should be part of the PPP stuff,
> > since that's a feature of all other interfaces as well
> It is actually PPPC_SET_MRU (not MTU). The MRU is only the base for
> the > MTU
> (in PPP: InterfaceMTU).
> I could actually translate the SET_MRU call into a SET_MTU call by
> calculating the encapsulator overhead and then substracting it from
> the
> given MTU...

There is both defined, PPPC_SET_MRU and PPPC_SET_MTU, that's why I
mentioned it :-)
The funny thing is, that I first copied PPPC_SET_MRU in the mail, but
realized early enough that it's not what I thought it would be - but a
few lines later in that file, the real MTU define is there.
However, if you can automatically set the MRU, I would prefer that.

Adios...
   Axel.