[openbeosnetteam] Re: Novell Netware

  • From: "vladimir reikine" <vreikine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:27:01 -0400

IPX protocol is public standard :
RFC1132 for IPX over Ethernet
RFC1234 for IPX tunneling through TCP
RFC1634 for IPX over WAN

I cannot find references about SAP (Server Announcement Protocol) that Novell
is using in Netware.

There are more RFCs (for SNMP or for TCP over IPX) - I used www.zvon.org but
there are other searchable RFC repositories.
IPX is still used natively in many places. Additional note - the new IPv6
protocol encapsulates IPX addressing scheme as well. And we are going to
support IPv6 one day , aren't we?
Does anyone heard about new (beta ?) version of Netware using Linux kernel?
Ximian purchase makes more sense in this light.

vlad