[openbeosnetteam] Re: Novell Netware

  • From: "Philippe Houdoin" <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:11:57 GMT

> I know I know, I did leave BeOS, but I do keep an eye on how things
> are
> going, and I was wondering if the current/planned net stack in
> development will have support for Novell Networks?  Because this
> would be
> a BIG plus for many people in my area to switch to BeOS.  Or even
> support
> for M$ Networking.  Oh well just a question.

SMB/CIFS client support is definitivly a feature we should support.
Maybe even server, who knows...

But, for IPX/SPX, I really don't know.
Maybe if you can point me at some Netware network protocols detailed
documentation,
I would give a look and, if required, take notice of some specific
issue(s) to be able to
support, in the future, IPX/SPX protocols...

> Mark

Anyway, thanks for keeping an eye on our pet project :-)

-Philippe

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

If God had intended Man to Watch TV, He would have given him Rabbit
Ears.