[openbeosnetteam] Re: Hello

  • From: Waldemar Kornewald <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:10:46 +0200

Welcome on board! If you need help or have a question just post to the mailing list. This may interest you:
http://www.haiku-os.org/wiki/index.php?title=Networking

A few details may not be up-to-date on that page. We will modify the FreeBSD netstack to be better suited for a desktop OS, but let's first do a very simple, clean, and well-documented porting layer (for R1).

Bye,
Waldemar

Cye Stoner wrote:
Hello,
My name is Cye Stoner. I'm a computer science major at the University of
Wyoming. I was looking for a summer project and have been interested in the
haiku project for some time. After looking around the site for a bit, it
looks like the network team could use some extra members, so I thought I'd
try to contribute over the summer.
I understand that one of the major goals of the networking team at this
point is porting the FreeBSD/DragonflyBSD network stack over to BeOS.
Contributions from me may take a while to pop up, but I'm currently trying
to familiarize myself with the codebase.
If anybody has any questions or comments, feel free to send me a personal
e-mail or put another post to the mailing list. I check my e-mail
frequently.

Cye