[openbeosnetteam] Re: Hello

  • From: "Joseph Liu" <froseph@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 22:00:22 -0400

Hi,

It's nice to have more people. I was looking into doing the same thing
during spring break then school took a bite out of me :P. The furthest
I got was reading lots and lots of code. Anyways, on the mailing list
we basically decided that FreeBSD was the way to go given the vast
arch differences of DFlyBSD.

Cheers,
Joe

On 5/16/06, Cye Stoner <stonerc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
My name is Cye Stoner. I'm a computer science major at the University of
Wyoming. I was looking for a summer project and have been interested in the
haiku project for some time. After looking around the site for a bit, it
looks like the network team could use some extra members, so I thought I'd
try to contribute over the summer.
I understand that one of the major goals of the networking team at this
point is porting the FreeBSD/DragonflyBSD network stack over to BeOS.
Contributions from me may take a while to pop up, but I'm currently trying
to familiarize myself with the codebase.
If anybody has any questions or comments, feel free to send me a personal
e-mail or put another post to the mailing list. I check my e-mail
frequently.

Cye