[openbeosnetteam] Re: DHCP Stay Alive Question

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:00:58 +0200 CEST

"David Enderson" <DEnderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I knew whatever I wrote would have to be switched all around and
> maybe
> be converted from C++ to C code.  I just tried to organize it well
> and
> write something since I knew I wouldn't be able to guess the correct
> format the first time.  When I get the DHCP conversation completely
> working, it looks like my next task will be to make a kernel protocol
> module.

There are plenty of module examples, some of them are also in C++. If
you chose to stick with C++, you should get rid of dynamic casts (RTTI)
and exceptions, because the kernel doesn't support those.
I guess you should start with looking at protocol modules, and maybe
also those written in C++ to get an understanding on how to do it.

Bye,
   Axel.