[openbeosnetteam] ArGoSoft Mailing List Server

  • From: <emmanuel.jacobs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 Jun 2006 00:26:24 +0200

Command

Philippe Houdoin wrote: does anybody the rationale behind going for
libnetwork.so? Is it only there to be able to have a fresh start? If so, I'd
prefer going the libsocket.so/libbind.so route in our stack - even though I
like libnetwork.so better, I can't stand the code duplication and library
cluttering for almost nothing. The best would be to dynamically detect the ABI
interface between R5, BONE and our ABI at runtime, not compile time. Which
would be possible, when we extend the loader's (private) API a bit. If we want
to continue the BeOS Kit way, I don't see why we should split the *official*
networking kit into several libraries (libnet.so -) Even they should leave
/system/lib/ alone :-) Maybe I should see if our loader could support having
both libsocket.so and libbind.so symlink to the one and only libnetwork.so
instead. That trick works under R5, AFAIK. I use it everytime to switch between
Mesa3D libGL.so libraries... And I fail to see why we should NOT support it un
 der Haiku, whatever the libraries. Network-related or not. It works under BeOS
as well as Haiku - but, currently under both systems, the
initialization/termination code is called twice (for the same image)! I tested
under Linux as well, and there, the loader is smart enough to do that just once
:-) Bye, Axel.

not understood.

Please send mail to emmanuel.jacobs@xxxxxxxxxxxx, containing word HELP as the
first non-blank line for the list of available commands.

ArGoSoft Mailing List Server