[openbeosnetteam] ArGoSoft Mailing List Server

  • From: <emmanuel.jacobs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 26 Jun 2006 16:36:26 +0200

Command

Axel Dörfler wrote: does anybody the rationale behind going for libnetwork.so?
Is it only there to be able to have a fresh start? If so, I'd prefer going the
libsocket.so/libbind.so route in our stack - even though I like libnetwork.so
better, I can't stand the code duplication and library cluttering for almost
nothing. Yes, it's just there for a fresh start with nice and clean headers and
one lib is better than two. Maybe I should see if our loader could support
having both libsocket.so and libbind.so symlink to the one and only
libnetwork.so instead. That would be nice, but we'd have to keep our headers
BONE-compatible. In that case, the legacy headers could probably go away, too.
Bye, Waldemar Kornewald

not understood.

Please send mail to emmanuel.jacobs@xxxxxxxxxxxx, containing word HELP as the
first non-blank line for the list of available commands.

ArGoSoft Mailing List Server