[openbeosnetteam] All: warm welcome...

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosnetteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 15:08:26 +0200

It's not one nor two but three (3!) new network adapters drivers Marcus
Overhagen committed yesterday to OBOS CVS!

- via-rhine is gracefully donated under BSD license by his original author,
Richard Houle.
YellowTab fixed some bugs on this driver and contributed them back. Thanks
guys!

- rtl8169 is the Gigabyte ethernet adapters driver, written by Marcus.

- ipro100 is another Gigabyte ethernet adapters driver, ported by Marcus from
FreeBSD (right, Marcus?)

If some of you people have such card(s), please test these drivers.
I'll do it with via-rhine driver myself.

BTW, I'll add a new page to our documentation to keep list of network drivers
status and their hardware compatibilities.

- Philippe