[openbeosmediakit] Re: Re[2]: Checking In

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 19:33:11 +0200

Farabi ibn Kora <farabiibnkora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I have a test programm, that puts some hazard into speekers, and I am
>working on BSound. there are some things I not understand.
>
>what
>BSound::ReleaseRef
>BSound::AcquireRef should do?
>what Ref?
>
>its possible to load data from a file. shold reading run in own
>thread?

Yes, I thikn thats the way they did it, load_entry(void * arg);
is most likely calling the loader_thread();

>the header has some "area" variables. which area?
No idea.

>and, there is a constructor with load_into_memory = false. I think
>ther must be some prebuffer member. but its not so. what can it mean?

there is _m_data, _m_read_pos, _m_size should be enough for buffering.

What I would like you to do is first to finish the playback done by the
BSoundPlayer class through the SoundPlayerNode class, instead of direct
driver usage. The BSound class seem to be rarely used, while both
SoundPlay and CL-Amp use the BSoundPlayer (nothing else).

But it's your decision. If you think it's better to finish BSound first, do so.

Marcus