[openbeosmediakit] Merry christmas

  • From: "Marcus Overhagen" <dos4gw@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 15:28:36 +0100

Hello,

merry christmas and happy holidays everyone.

I hope that you all have a nice time with friends and family.

I originally expected to have a working BSoundPlayer replacement
by the end of the year, so that we can already show that
OpenBeOS is worth all the work that we do, and that probably others
get motivated to join us.
However, we didn't finish that yet.

I would like to encourage everyone to send me the code he has
written so that it can be included into CVS. Or, if you prefer
this, create a sourceforge account and write to Michael Philipps
so he can add you to the developer list and you can work with CVS
directly.

Many of you did not respond to email during the last two weeks,
but this was to be expected because of holidays, and christmas time.

We also have quite a few people subscribed to this list that are not team
members. If any of you want's to join the team, email me.

On the other hand, if anyone of the team members does no longer want to
do developing of OpenBeOS media kit, please tell me.

I already assume that Shane Parker is no longer interested.
Also Juno Kang who is assigned the BSoundPlayer class didn't
seem to bother responding to email.

I know that people are busy during the holidays, and I don't expect any
of you to do much until second week of January. But if you are no longer
interested, I would like you to ask to get removed from the team. It is
better to have a small team that is actively doing work, than a large
team that's now making progress.

Juno, if you did develop code for BSoundPlayer, please send it to me.
If not, I will do this myself.

Deadline for everyone is January 10th,

regards
Marcus