[openbeosmediakit] Re: Media prefs

  • From: Jérôme Duval <korli@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeosmediakit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:49:01 +0100

Selon Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>:

> Notice that if you simply swap "be media" with "media be" it wont
> change anything as LinkSharedOSLibs rule will still link against Be's
> libmedia.so, which don't export "launch_media_server" text symbol...

Are you sure of this ? If the symbol is present when linking in another library
(libbe) than at runtime (our libmedia and libbe), it should work anyway, no ?

> BTW, we're breaking binary compatibility here, by moving this
> launch_media_server() outside of libbe.so.
> Maybe it's not a big issue, but still one that should be document
> somewhere.

we are breaking apps which don't link against libmedia but only against libbe.
When we have a libbe, then we can duplicate or move back the symbol.

Jerome