[openbeos-midi] Re: mpu401 module

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:47:56 +0100 (CET)

Greg wrote:
> I am basically trying to follow the same
> method.  I can get the module, load it, and create a device.  The
> problem is, as soon as the midi port is opened, the computer completely
> freezes and never makes it beyond the open hook.

Sounds like something goes wrong at interrupted time.
Did the callback you pass to MPU401 create_device() call ever called?
Did the MPU401 interrupt_hook() is correctly called when a MPU interrupt raised?

Do you ask Jerome Duval some help? AFAIR, he managed to get some MIDI support
in his emu10k driver project...

Oh, BTW, somewhere on the road, OBOS midi team will have to rewrite this MPU401
kernel module too. Glup. ;-)

-Philippe