[openbeos-midi] Re: The first version of Milestone 3

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:50:06 +0100 (CET)

In answer to myself:
> >> - Automatic creation for all entry in /dev/midi/
> >
> > I guess that the midi_server should recognize new devices being
> > added and old ones being removed.
>
> Absolutly, it's a mandatory feature.

Even if at first thought most of current /dev/midi/* devices
are already presents at boot time, that's mandatory because hotplug
MIDI devices exists, like the USB ones. Okay, USB midi devices
are currently supported under R5 by a userland app/server (so no /dev/midi/*
entries, only non-persistants MidiEndpoints), not by kernel driver(s), but in
the future it may become the case.
In fact, I've a usb_midi driver skeleton in stand-by at
http://philippe.houdoin.free.fr/phil/beos/usb_midi/ someone (even me, who
knows! ;-) ) may finish some days...

-Philippe