[openbeos-midi] Re: Status update

  • From: Jerome Leveque <jerl1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos-midi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 14:45:32 +0200

> Hi all,

Hi

> Warning: this is a long email :-). In the last few days, I fixed a
> number of
> outstanding issues with the Midi Kit, and I would like to let you know
> what
> I did and where we stand now.

Next time make a newsletter ;)

> THE SOFTSYNTH (PART 1)
>

> Jerome, this is different from what you wanted to do. BSoftSynth is a
> replacement for your SynthConsumer class. If you are still interested in
> working on the softsynth, you should use BSoftSynth for that. I did not
> use
> your MidiFileProducer and MidiFileConsumer. Instead, I used BMidiStore to
> implement BMidiSynthFile. But it was good to have your code, because it
> saved me a lot of work :-) Thanks.

As soon I will have some time I will work on it.
I have write this 3 class because Midi1 are on death time and that's
stupid to use it
for using MidiFiles or softsynth we will use it on OpenBeOS R2.
For class MidiFileXxx most of my work are based from your work on
BMidiFile.

> THE SOFTSYNTH (PART 2)
> Jerome, I hope you don't mind that I am looking at an alternative for
> your
> synth. I know that you are very busy and don't have a lot of time to
> work on
> it. Ideally, we would like to be able to demonstrate a fully working Midi
> Kit at WalterCon (mid June this year) and for that we need the synth. Of
> course, if yours turns out to be better, we will use that instead ;-)

I'm not thinking about that. Don't worry.
But have you test it or it doesn't work at all becausse at home that work
pretty good. Still a lot of unimplemented features and lot of bugs.

Thanks again for the work you do Matthijs

--
A+
Jerome