[ola] RE: [ola] En mi opinión

  • From: "Cathy Bird" <cathy.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 15:44:26 -0700 (MST)

Serendipity reigns! I feel like I made huge progress with my 7th grade
French classes this week when I introduced “in my opinion”. Seems these
middle schoolers love to argue (I knew that, of course!). One of my
weakest ‘traditional’ students wrote a simple yet completely
comprehensible opinion on whether bowling is a sport! And today, for some
odd reason, my second class went nuts comparing Nemo and Madeline and
saying which was a better character. Tons of vocab generated by kids, but
I didn’t feel overwhelmed by trying to teach it to everyone. Even had the
chance to do a mini-review with one girl who kept mixing is/have
sentences. Now that we have some ground work, I am looking forward to
stressing the comparative/superlative whenever it comes up…even though it
wasn’t my goal. As homework tonight, students in the Nemo class were asked
to find another pair of characters to compare and be prepared to compare
them to their partner/group in class tomorrow!

I love this stuff!

Cathy Bird
Middle School French
Colorado Academy