[ola] Re: ola Digest V2 #228

  • From: Cathy Bird <cathy.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 08:39:41 -0700 (MST)

What are your thoughts on this format for a day of "vocal rest"? Whenever I get
a cold, I lose my voice and I need more things to do with these guys. Send
ideas my way, please.

Kids sat with white boards and answered the questions I asked via my SmartBoard.
Started with simple Q/A - a la memorized phrases.
Moved to opinion questions about music and film.
They were all as quiet as me, which was a huge change from the norm. They were
so content...
Then the question of Hunger Games came up and the room exploded in French
conversation. Four to five vocal kids arguing about Peeta vs. Gale, and even
the more introverted were not out of the loop. I watched closely, thinking that
the fringe kids would take advantage of the fray to speak English, but they
stayed in French!!
Anyone know how to say 'hot' in French? Cuz apparently Gale is 'hot'...

"Oh what fun
It is to teach
in an OWL-centered way-ay...."

Cathy Bird, via iPad