[ola] Texting and driving lesson

  • From: Emily Gerstner <emilygerstner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:56:40 -0400

Happy Monday!

I am always looking for ways to incorporate videos and authentic resources
in my classroom, and I love this PSA about texting and driving from AT&T:
https://www.youtube.com/watch/?v=oAH_mQVuLPo

Tomorrow in Spanish III, we are going to watch the video 2 or 3 times
through and discuss familiar and key vocab words, then I am going to have
pairs come up with lists of "Actividades que no se debe hacer a la vez."
This idea came from an idea that someone had posted on the listserv about
listing things that do or don't go together, so a shout out to you, whoever
you are! Then, I will have each student create a PSA poster that roughly
follows the format of the video, using their favorite pair of activities
that don't go together. For example, "Correr y usar tijeras a la vez es
peligroso. Puede esperar."

Something I'm working on in my planning is what kinds of activities work
best to accompany videos and authentic resources... if folks have feedback
on tomorrow's lesson plan or what you do in your classes when interacting
with these kinds of resources, I would love to hear it!

Cuidense,
Emily

--
Emily Gerstner