[ola] Re: Substitute advice

  • From: JoAnna Coleman <joannac@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 22:50:56 +0000

Are you in the Portland school district? There are a few subs who know Spanish
on the roster. Let me know!

I usually show a movie or documentary (Globetrekkers) with a graphic organizer
/ questions for kids to follow along - I have not had them do the circle with a
sub. It's sort of a wasted day since the video is in English (or subtitled),
but at least they are learning about culture.

I don't ask them to do anything with the language they can't do totally on
their own without help since I can't depend on the sub to help them with
Spanish.

I would love some other OWL ideas for subs as well!

JoAnna Coleman
Spanish Teacher
Wilson High School
503-916-5280 ext. 75231