[ola] Spanish voice therapist

  • From: Stel Schmalz <sschmalz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 06:20:51 -0500

Hello OWL community!

I thought I would reach out to see if anyone can help.  Does anyone know
someone that I can contact who does voice therapy with Spanish people.
I've developed a polyp on my vocal chord- a result of all the fun that I've
been having in the OWL classroom 5 periods a day.  It needs to be removed
and I've been doing voice therapy to learn how to use my voice correctly
after the surgery so it does not return.

I use my voice fine in English, and have no trouble with the sentences that
my voice therapis is asking me to practice.  The problem comes when I speak
in Spanish, especially in the classroom and she and I are having a hard
time creating sentences to target the issues mostly because some of those
"practice" sounds are infrequent in Spanish.  I'd love to just touch base
with someone who knows more.  I am in Boston and she has not been able to
find any colleagues who work with Spanish speakers around here so I thought
I would reach out to my OWL group.  I don't need to be able to see this
person, just touch base with them to maybe see if they have some practice
sheets that they can share with me so that I can work on it here with my
person.

Thanks everyone!

Stel