[ola] Spanish 3/4/NS

  • From: Tess Siemer <tess.siemer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:54:54 -0800

Hi all,

I have a Spanish 3/4/Native Speaker combo class (not new to me) but I'm
wanting to do a better job meeting everyone's needs this next trimester.
I'm going to have 1 day / week to work with specific groups and a couple
days / week to work whole class and do team building sorts of activities
and work with everyone's strengths and weaknesses.

Right now I'm thinking:

*Mondays*: Spanish 3 kiddos (or kiddos at this level NH/IL) who are still
saying things like "Yo gusta" and "Yo tiene".  Lots of convo "work" with
immediate and positive feedback.

*Tuesdays*: Whole Group

*Wednesdays*: Spanish 4 kiddos (IL/IM) working on communicating
appropriately in the past, present and future.  Some of the NS kiddos will
be in their group.

*Thursdays*: Whole Group

*Fridays*: NS kiddos working on reading, writing and common errors (i.e.
hicistes)

*My questions are*
1. Have you done anything like this?  What worked / didn't work?
2. What would you have the groups I wasn't meeting with work on?  How would
you structure their time to be engaging and effective? (PS - I meet with
this class for 35 minutes a day - not long!)
3. Reading / writing  recommendations for any of the 3 levels?
4. Other thoughts?

Thanks everyone and have a great Thanksgiving holiday!
Tess