[ola] Re: Spanish 1 writing assignments

  • From: Antonio Torres <antonio_torres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 08:28:58 -0700

I am gonna start my 1st year class with Sherman's days of the week song
today:)("Lunes es muy feo...martes tambien...") :)

I am also going to do what Ricardo has done, which is to narrate to
students stories that happen to us---stories that are not too personal, but
at the same time, you can share some personal things with students..My
story has to do with being onthe phone with Comcast/Xfinity on Saturday for
2.5 hours trying to buy the ppv boxing match....

This story will create LOTS of vocabulary to students--i.e. Sabado,
telefono, horas, frustrado, enojado, pelear, ganar, perder, ganador,
perdedor, etc...then I am gonna have students pair up and talk about a time
when they were frustrated with mom or dad etc..then I am gonna have them
write about it--Gracias Ricardo! (Oh, I am also going to show picture #13
from the link that Sra Soberón sent us--whic is an old man being angry with
a young man!--Good luck to all of you!

Antonio