[ola] Re: Meeting notes from OLA Ideas listserve

  • From: Kate FriendlyJones <kate.friendlyjones@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 08:53:39 -0700

I love doing sillas musicales.  Last time I had a sub I had the
students work on creating a story as people lost they had to create a
phrase to add onto the story.  Then when I came back they read me the
story. I do sillas musicales with current vocabulary that they choose,
write on a piece of paper and tape to each chair, then as people loose
they pick to people to read off their words and make a sentence with
those two words.  I like that they have to put two words together and
have complete freedom to create what they want.  Also as they get out
I have them write the sentences in their journal so that they are
still engaged in the language.

I am looking forward to trying Atchi Patchi!

Thanks,

Kate