[ola] Re: Good games to play on a minimum day?

  • From: ANGELA STEPHENS <ASTEPH1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 19:10:18 -0700

Achi pachi....  I spy.... I also have a bingo game that I use. Me gusta is the
theme. I let the students fill in a variety of activities from vocabulary list.
When one wins a bingo (16 or 25 square) they have to act out the verb to
demonstrate comprehension, (then double bingo on to cover all)... and I give
away prizes. Bubbles were huge hits! I could not believe how 8th grade boys
went bonkers for bubbles! Girls I could see, but boys?  That surprised me! You
can use the bingo squares in a variety of ways. You can do the "have you ever?"
"would you like to?"

Good luck
Angie