[ola] Re: Drew's question

  • From: Martin Kathryn <kmartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 19:35:26 +0000

I think it's actually easier to randomly assess speaking by doing a few
students each day, and using a rubric like the one attached.  You are just
looking for lists, chunks, sentences, etc. Then write a word or 2 of feedback
and record it in the gradebook.  That way all students are working on the same
task and it doesn't become a performance.
Having said that, I have also had success keeping students busy with vocab
puzzles
http://www.discoveryeducation.com/free-puzzlemaker/?CFID=533684&CFTOKEN=54011286
that are easy to create with this website.