[ola] Cool Technology Websites

  • From: Tess Siemer <tess.siemer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ola@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:31:58 -0700

Hi all-
  Here's a compilation of a few cool technology and game websites I found.
Hope they prove useful to you!  T

*Technology
*

   - Pikme App: download onto your phone to create random groups, select
   random students, track participation, etc.  FREE! (
   https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pikme/id433668399?mt=8)
   - Taxedo: a website that lets you create word clouds but with tons of
   options.  Lisa and I LOVE this one. (http://www.tagxedo.com/)
   - "The Ultimate List of Educational Websites" - though unverified, it's
   very thorough and divided by subject area. (
   http://imgur.com/gallery/dZvak2P)
   - Bloom's Taxonomy with digital resources / websites for each level.
   You'll have to scroll way down.  Could be really useful if you're trying to
   have students function at the higher levels to have a list of websites
   ready to go... (http://ilearntechnology.com/?tag=blooms-taxonomy)
   - Get More Out of Google.  I'm an avid Googl-er and didn't know many of
   these.  Great for students and teachers alike (
   http://www.flickr.com/photos/x1brett/6707250233/)
   - List of Free Apps for Education.  By grade level. (

http://repinly.machsrichtig.com/2012/10/list-of-free-educational-apps/#rssowlmlink
   )

*Digital Games:*

   - Jeopardy, create your own.  (https://jeopardylabs.com/)
   - Jeopardy, 2.0 (http://www.superteachertools.com/jeopardy/)
   - Power Point Games: Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, etc. (
   http://jc-schools.net/tutorials/PPT-games/)