[off-topic] Re: trying to delete programs from computer and can not

  • From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 10:38:21 -0800

I emptied the recycle bin.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 08:20:23 +0200
Subject: [off-topic] Re: trying to delete programs from computer and can not

Well, that shortcut might have helped you track it down - look in recycle
bin?

Sorry

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 07:36:58 +0200
Subject: [off-topic] Re: trying to delete programs from computer and can
not

What piece of software is this?

If you can find a shortcut to it somewhere, and check the shortcut's properties, it might let you know what the actual executable file's name
is,
and that might show up in process list, even if main/normal app name isn't
showing up in applications list.

You could also check if it maybe has something like a system tray icon to
right click on that to tell it to exit?

Lastly, if it's starting up automatically, in the background, hit windows key + R to bring up run dialogue, type in msconfig, hit enter to launch
the
system configuration manager, use ctrl + tab to find startup page, and in that list you can turn off various background startup processes - but, be
careful about just turning off too many things there...<smile

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

I am trying to uninstall a program and can not. Here is what is happening. I go to add or remove programs and find the program I want to get rid of in the list of programs and click remove. It says it can not be removed because it is running. So I open the windows task manager to try to end the process. However, I can not end it, because it is not in the list of processes. I can not find it by erowing to it or by using first letter
navigation.
With questions, concerns, or issues please contact the list admin at: beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx , on skype on betoa221, or twitter betoa221. To sub to the list please send message to: off-topic-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with subscribe on the subject line.
To unsub from the list send message to: off-topic-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx