[off-topic] Re: recording tapes and albums (was Re: Who I Am)

  • From: jessica brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 11:43:51 -0800

Ok. So what is a turntable anyhow?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rusty Bourgoin" <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 12:34:17 -0400
Subject: [off-topic] Re: recording tapes and albums (was Re: Who I Am)

Hi,

It's a turntable that plugs into your computer via a usb cable. With such a unit, and the proper software, you can play albums directly into your computer and record them. Once recorded, you can process the music, i.e. cut the track into individual songs, tag them with the proper mp3 tags and digitize them into mp3's or whatever sound format works best for you.
Hth!
Rusty

From: "Rusty Bourgoin" <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 10:27:52 -0400
Subject: [off-topic] recording tapes and albums (was  Re: Who I
Am)

Hi,

I use audacity and a usb turntable for records and just use a good quality cassette player through my soundcard and sound forge or sonar to
record the material digitally.

Rusty