[off-topic] Re: iTunes Match

  • From: Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 17:24:50 +0100

Ibrahim, very good answer. Thank you so much!

E-mail Facebook and iMessage
christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx

On 10/10/2013 09:15, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:
Hi Chris.

Yes, if you sign up to a subscription whether it is for an app, I Cloud
storage plan or Music Match, Apple requires a valid payment method other
than store credit vouchers to be associated with your account for
renewal purposes and to verify your location only.  Note that if you
have a store credit balance at the time of renewal of any of the
products on subscription associated with your Apple ID, you will not be
charged as the payment will be collected from your credit balance.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Chris H
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 7:36 AM
To: off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [off-topic] iTunes Match

Good morning all.
In preparation for iTunes Radio coming to the UK by early 2014, I have
subscribed to iTunes Match to get an ad free experience. My question is
this.
When I signed up, I was asked to edit my payment details, since I had it
set to none. All was well and I was successfully subscribed.
I checked my e-mails this morning, and I got the receipt, but the
subscription came out of my store credit. This is slick, but why did
Apple need a valid credit card on file in the first place? Is this for
automatic renewals or something?
Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks!

With questions, concerns, or issues please contact the list admin at:
beto.arreola22@xxxxxxxxx , on skype on betoa221, or twitter betoa221.
To sub to the list please send message to: off-topic-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
subscribe on the subject line.
To unsub from the list send message to: off-topic-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx