[off-topic] iTunes Match

  • From: Chris H <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 07:36:57 +0100

Good morning all.
In preparation for iTunes Radio coming to the UK by early 2014, I have subscribed to iTunes Match to get an ad free experience. My question is this. When I signed up, I was asked to edit my payment details, since I had it set to none. All was well and I was successfully subscribed. I checked my e-mails this morning, and I got the receipt, but the subscription came out of my store credit. This is slick, but why did Apple need a valid credit card on file in the first place? Is this for automatic renewals or something?
Any comments greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--
E-mail Facebook and iMessage
christopherh40@xxxxxxxxx