[off-topic] Re: NVDA

  • From: Josh Gregory <joshkart12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 19:27:55 -0400

IPersonally think, that for Windows anyway, NVDA is a lot better than jaws
because jaws  is sure as hell expensive, and NVDA in my opinion offers a lot of
the same functionality. It really gets me  why a lot of colleges pretty much
recommend jaws over everything, it's a lot more expensive and why the hell
would you buy a screen reader when there are perfectly functioning screen
readers that are free and readily available, such as NVDA or voice over? Think
I already know the answer, these companies are subsidized by the colleges, or
the other way around.

Sent from my iPhone