[off-topic] LAN gaming sessions

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 07:24:36 +0200

Hi there

Aside from reckoning my dream job (thanks Gerardo for thoughts <smile>) would
be running my own version of an internet café for both sighted and blind folks,
where computers, etc. would be set up to work either in blindie or sightie
mode, and where would also want to develop/sell forms of gadgets for blindies,
etc. etc., one of the specific things me and a few friends then thought would
be cool to set up/run would be sort of LAN gaming sessions for both blindies
and sighties, where, playing some games like versions of topspeed racing, swamp
multi-player shoot-em-up, audioQuake first-person-shooter and soundRTS
real-time-strategy game that can offer both graphical and audio interfaces, and
which also support/offer network configuration for multi-players, us blindies
could maybe kick some sightie butt - both in the games themselves, and from the
other side, since think something like this would (literally) blow their minds,
in more ways than one...<smile>

Thoughts?

Oh yes, and in terms of dream jobs, this internet café would be called Jake's
Snake Pit, and would also be the base-station for my work on software/website
development, and computer training for blindies - have connections with a local
NGO that works on that side of/handles it, and have in past helped them out
with working on courses, material, etc..

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA