[off-topic] Re: Bit of a pseudo-rant about trying to explain something to a sighted person - graphical dimensions/pixelation

  • From: "RobH." <the1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 07:29:36 +0100

Sigh!...   used to get this when I did tech support.  Got a right reputation
for talking in technobabble,  yet the things I tried to explain, they should
know if they were going to use a computer. The best one I was called to was
when the finance office assured me a computer was making a funny noise when
it was absolutely off.  I checked it, it was definitely off, and couldn't
hear the noise;  so she said like a HeeAwhhwwhwhHeeeHawhwhwh or something.
So I rummaged on the desk, found the phone under a pile of files and put the
handset back on the rest.  They thought I was wonderful for fixing the
computer so quick.

Rh.