[off-topic] Bit of a pseudo-rant about trying to explain something to a sighted person - graphical dimensions/pixelation

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <off-topic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 00:16:53 +0200

Busy working on website code where the admin person needs to define layout
areas on a form of template image to then allow users to insert text/uploaded
images onto it, and the problem is the sort of client tells me that the
text/images are being inserted into the wrong places, etc., but, when I then go
run something like a test/output image through some other code of mine that
sort of translates it into a table of pixelated colours on a webpage to allow
me to review what's happened/taken place, it honestly seems to be working fine.

Now I even tried to explain to this sighted person that they should try
comparing an image's dimensions/coordinates to the blocks on a chessboard, and
that they then need to understand that, for example each column/row would
equate to an eighth of the image's full dimensions, and that therefore, if the
image is like 800 pixels wide/high, then second block on second row would
effectively equate to an area 100 pixels wide by 100 pixels high, starting at
top-left coordinates of roundabout 101 by 101 pixels, but, they seem to have
trouble grasping what I'm talking about, although they seem to understand in
general how the overall pixels size seems to get rendered in terms of number of
pixels, etc., and they seem to grasp concept of screen resolution in terms of
windows desktop dimensions, but, then seem to get confused/misunderstand when I
try explain to them why something would not be rendering correctly working on
what they've now tried to pass on to my code as arguments/parameters, etc.

Maybe it's, again, just the issue of a blindie trying to explain something to a
sightie that they seem to refuse to believe we can understand, etc.?

LOL!/LAM! (lateish Sunday night, and trying to figure out/decide how to proceed
with this)

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker