[obol] Re: songs

  • From: "Sally Nelson" <nelson_sm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>, "OBOL" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 17:41:51 -0800

Besides the other singers people have mentioned, I was especially pleased yesterday to have Fox Sparrows singing near the house. Sometimes they go to the breeding grounds before singing much, but this year I have bribed them (and others) with seed patch in the shrubs. It worked ;-]

We now have in the area pairs of both Red-tailed Hawks and Red-shouldered Hawks. Today one of each did a very noisy chase all around the trees.

Not songs, but first Rufous HB (a female) in our yard on 3/4, using forsythia blooms and the HB feeder, since our red-flowering currant is still in bud stage.

Sally Nelson
~2 mi W of Creswell, Lane County

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Contreras" <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>